Welcome to Cary Pop Warner!
Cary Pop Warner offers flag football for ages 5-7, tackle football for ages 5-15 (depending on weight) and cheerleading for ages 5-15.
Cary Pop Warner provides a safe and fun environment for teaching the fundamentals of football and cheerleading and for preparing our participants for competition. In the past few years, Cary Pop Warner has sent football and cheer squads to both regional and national competitions, as well as post-season bowl games.
Want to know the benefits of playing Pop Warner? Why you should play Pop Warner.
The mission of Pop Warner Little Scholars is to enable young people to benefit from participation in team sports and activities in a safe and structured environment. Through this active participation, Pop Warner programs teach fundamental values, skills and knowledge that young people will use throughout their lives.
Pop Warner seeks to provide fun athletic learning opportunities for children, while emphasizing the importance of academic success. Specifically, Pop Warner seeks to familiarize players and spirit participants with the fundamentals of football, cheerleading and dance. Pop Warner strives to inspire youth, regardless of race, creed or national origin, to practice the ideals of sportsmanship, scholarship and physical fitness as reflected in the life of the late Glenn Scobie “Pop” Warner.
Our first registration of the 2014 season has now been scheduled for Saturday, March 22nd from 10 AM – 2 PM at Cary High School. This will be the only time returning players will be guaranteed a spot for the 2014 season. If you are planning to return, please plan to register on March 22nd.
If you have not returned equipment, you must do that before you can register.
Please contact Julie Stevens to make arrangements to return your equipment or bring it with you to the registration. All equipment deposits from last season will be cashed March 24th.
You will need to bring all the registration forms with you to one of the dates listed above to finalize your registration.
- Cary Booster Club membership check (Held until end of Season and returned if 15 Volunteer Hours are completed, $150.)
- Equipment deposit check (Held until all of the equipment has been returned, $255.)
- Copy of Player’s Birth Certificate(s)
- Copy of your child’s 2013-2014 final report card
- Completed Pop Warner Physical form listed below (Physicals forms NOT on official Pop Warner forms cannot be excepted.)
The National Pop Warner forms for 2014 are listed below. All physicals must be completed on Pop Warner forms or they will be invalid.
**New Registration Fees**
The participation fees for the 2014 season are as follows:
$85 for Flag Football and Non-Competititive & Competitive Cheerleading
$200 for All Tackle Football
- To encourage and increase youth participation in football, cheerleading and dance.
- To ensure a safe and positive playing environment for all participants.
- To instill life-long values of teamwork, dedication and a superior work ethic in the classroom and on the playing field.
- Pop Warner programs have no tryouts or cutting of rosters.
- Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play.
- On-field coaching is allowed for younger age levels.
- Individual awards are given only for academic excellence, not for on-field activities.
Safe Playing Environment
- Players are matched by age and weight levels.
- There are strict mandatory equipment requirements.
- Pop Warner provides Coaching Clinics and Risk Management Training.
- An enforced national rule book incorporates time-tested rules.
- A full-time executive staff supports all local associations and assists in sound policy creation.
Want to get the latest Cary Pop Warner practice/game cancellation updates and news via SMS text message direct to your cell phone? You can! Read how Cary Pop Warner is teaming up with RainedOut to offer this free service.