• Home games to be played at Cary High School
• Cary Pop Warner provides all practice and game equipment (except cleats, mouthpieces and socks )
• Pop Warner certified program with an outstanding safety record
• All coaches are required to complete USA Football Heads Up Certification
• Divisions are determined by age and weight for safety (see below)
• Approximately 8 regular season games per season (plus optional bowl game participation)
• Season runs from Aug 1 thru Early November
2016 Program Information
Registration Fee- $200/player
Cary Booster Club Membership Check- $150 **If you indicate that you are not interested in volunteering, you may elect to just pay $150. If you indicate that you will volunteer, this check is refundable upon the completion of 15 Volunteer Hours.
Equipment deposit check- $255, this check is held until all of the equipment has been returned.
Player age: Football age is based on player age on July 31, 2016; please refer to program divisions below.
MANDATORY Parent Meeting: Parent meeting will be at Cary High School. Paperwork can be turned in at this meeting. No equipment will be distributed if paperwork isn’t turned in and full program payment is made. The parent meeting will be scheduled closer to July. You will be notified via email of the date. The date will also be posted on the website.
Equipment Handout: End of July, exact date to be announced via email and posted on the website. Practices begin: Monday August 1, 2016.
Important dates (please note these days are tentative, if there are changes you will be notified in a timely manner):
Jamboree – Saturday, August 20, 2016
Games begin- Saturday, August 27, 2016
PLEASE NOTE- we will have games LABOR DAY WEEKEND! Your cooperation and attendance is greatly appreciated by the coaches!
Practice Location: Green Hope HS
Home Game Location: Cary HS
Weeks 1 and 2 we will practice Monday-Friday from 6:15 PM-8:15 PM. After week 2, Tiny Mites will practice 2 days per week and all other teams will practice 3 times per week. **After week 2, practice days are determined by your head coach.
Cary Pop Warner offers the opportunity for participants from 5 years of age to 12 years of age to play football in the league.
Cary Pop Warner provides opportunities for participation in football in four age/weight divisions.
Please note the age/weight limits and comments for each program. AGE IS AS OF JULY 31, 2016.
Ages 5, 6 and 7 weighing between 35 & 75 pounds.
The intent is that 7-year olds would play Tiny Mite. Exceptions given if the player weighs more than 75 pounds or the association does not field a Tiny Mite team. Tiny Mite, for the most part, is a child\’s first year participating in tackle football.
Ages 7, 8 & 9 weighing between 50 & 100 lbs.
Mitey Mite is strictly a training division and although the score is kept, the emphasis is on learning, completely free of any pressure to win.
Jr. Pee Wee:
Ages 8, 9, & 10 weighing between 65 & 115 lbs
Age 11 weighing between 65 & 95 lbs.
Jr. Pee Wee is the first division that is closest to full-blown tackle football. Coaches must stay on the sidelines. High school rules are followed with some exceptions. 11 year olds who would qualify as an older-but-lighter player in Pee Wee should strongly consider staying in Jr. Pee Wee.
Ages 9, 10, & 11 weighing between 80 & 130 lbs
Age 12 weighing between 80 & 110 lbs.
If a player leaves their Pop Warner team to play middle school football, they may return to their Pop Warner team at the conclusion of the middle school season if agreed on by the head coach of the Pop Warner team and the Cary Pop Warner Commissioner.
Required Documentation for Registration
The Pop Warner Program places an emphasis on good sportsmanship, safety and scholastics. The completion and submittal of additional paperwork will be required to finalize your registration. The following forms and information are required. Visit the “forms” tab to download your required 2016 forms
1. Participant Contract and Parental Consent- This Pop Warner document is the basic registration form and contract signed by participants and their parents agreeing to the rules of Pop Warner. Additionally, by signing up with Cary Pop Warner, families agree to the Association\’s Code of Conduct, which will be provided when you register.
2. Physical Fitness & Medical History Form- This Pop Warner form is a signed statement from an examining physician licensed in North Carolina that a candidate is physically fit and there are no observable conditions which would prohibit his or her participating in football. Please Note – The Physical Examination must be on the Pop Warner Form and dated within the current year – after January 1st of the current year.
3. Proof of Age- A copy of the birth certificate is required. Passports may be used as well as Military ID cards.
4. Scholastic Fitness- You must provide one of the following: The most recent complete report card (containing all four quarters of grades and the final grade for the previous year), a completed 2016 Scholastic Eligibility Form, or a 2016 Home School Form are required.