Cary Booster Club Volunteer Requirements
To participate in Cary Pop Warner Football & Cheerleading, you must become a member of the Cary Booster Club. Cary Booster Club membership is $150 per family. However, if your family volunteers at least 15 hours for the 2013 season or secures at least $1,000 in sponsorships, your membership fee will be returned to you.
It takes a lot of volunteers to keep Cary Pop Warner running smoothly. We need help with a variety of functions – from rostered staff to scholastics to game-day activities to off-season efforts such as inventorying equipment, cleaning uniforms, entering registration data, etc.
It takes over $100,000 each year to operate Cary Pop Warner Football & Cheerleading. Participant fees account for less than half of the total budget. The balance of the funds are secured from sponsorships and fundraising activities. We need your help in selling sponsorships and organizing and participating in fundraising efforts.
Activities authorized for volunteer hour recognition are:
- Cary Booster Club board of directors position
- Any Cary Booster Club board-sanctioned committee position, subject to approval and validation by a director
- Commissioner’s Office staff
- Up to seven rostered positions per cheer and football squad (head coach, up to 4 assistant coaches/trainers, team parent, equipment manager)
- Any pre-season activity sanctioned by the Cary Booster Club board of directors (signing of a log book or personal acknowledgement by a director required)
- Non-rostered coaching support during the first two weeks of practice, only in cases where a rostered coaching staff has not been finalized. “Parent helpers” cannot earn volunteer hours helping at practices after the first two weeks of practice.
- Event operations including gate collections, concessions, field set up, announcing, play spotting, mandatory play counting and chain gang
- Post-season travel chaperones
Any activity not listed above requires prior approval by a member of the Cary Booster Club board of directors.
It’s the member’s responsibility to account for and report his/her own volunteer contribution to a director or by signing (in/out) of the log books provided at each event. The team coach and team parent are not responsible for tracking volunteer hours, and their records will not be accepted as proof of volunteer hours. The only exception will be for mandatory play counting at away games that must be reported by the team parent to the designated board member.
Listed below are some of the volunteer opportunities currently available that will count towards your 15 volunteer hours for the 2013 season:
- Sponsorship Committee – Get a head start on earning your volunteer hours by helping the sponsorship committee find corporate donors & sponsors. Enjoy talking with people? Have some available free time? We need you! Helping Cary Pop Warner acquire $1000 in sponsorships (via personal donation or by finding corporate donors & sponsors) will complete your 15-hour volunteer requirements for the Cary Booster Club. You can also fulfill your volunteer requirements by contacting 50 prospective businesses to be corporate donors or sponsors. Acquiring (or donating) $500 in sponsorships will earn 7 1/2 hours of volunteer credit. If interested, please contact our sponsorship coordinator, John Cooling.